Case Studies - Complete IT
A leading provider of metro connectivity services needed to significantly reduce its Information Technology (IT) costs while simultaneously improving service to the corporation. They needed a single supplier for all IT related needs that could quickly scale up for larger projects, while maintaining a smaller core group of tactically focused IT professionals.
Knowledge Solutions performed a detailed analysis of the customer's business processes, applications and systems infrastructure. After putting together a plan with the customer that included dramatically improved service level agreements (SLAs) and significant cost controls, all IT functions were outsourced to Knowledge Solutions. We curtailed the number of on-site personnel, thereby reducing the customer's overhead costs and introduced 24x7 remote monitoring and support, thereby increasing the level of support. We established long-term architecture and investment plans to align the core IT functions with the long term plans of the business.
By outsourcing all IT functions to Knowledge Solutions, the customer achieved a number of benefits:
- Reduced IT staffing costs 25% by establishing a core IT group that focused on tactical support and introduced a variable staffing model for long-term and as-needed projects
- Reduced hardware maintenance costs by standardized the computing architecture
- Improved Business Continuity by re-architecting the location, type and function of many servers and applications
- Improved productivity and responsiveness from the IT staff
- Provided career growth for the former IT employees who moved from a "vertical" company to a technology company that has multiple projects from which to choose